Minute Taking Courses
The role of the minute taker is vital in any meeting. It is the writing up and successful circulation of the meeting minutes that ultimately leads to action as a result of the meeting. Whether you are completely new to the role or just wish to formalise or “brush-up” on your existing skills we will have the right training solution for you.
Don’t just take our word for it here is a comment from a recent attendee at one of our minute taking courses:
“I just wanted to thank you for the excellent Minute Taking course I recently attended. The trainer was fantastic and the structure of the course was great. I am actually genuinely looking forward to my next meeting and fully intend to put all of the learning into practice.”
Anna Anderson, Guardian News and Media
The Benefits of Attending
- Increased self-confidence at meetings
- Improved accuracy and speed of minute taking
- Heightened awareness of exactly what to capture and record
Some of the key questions those attending our minute taking courses have are shown below.
We answer these questions and many more during our one-day minute taking courses.
- How much information should I be recording?
- What information is most important to record?
- How do I take minutes when the subject matter is highly technical or not familiar to me?
- When is it acceptable for me to interject to check understanding?
- How can I work with the chairperson to help me produce accurate minutes?
Upon completion of this course delegates will be able to:
- Prepare correctly for any type of meeting
- Work with the meeting chairperson
- Listen attentively
- Recognise what is important and must be captured
- Use a variety of techniques to take notes
- Draft the minutes quickly, accurately and concisely
Key Topics Covered
During our minute taking training courses the following topics are covered:
- Preparing yourself for the meeting
- Understanding the responsibilities of the minute taker
- The use of the minutes
- Working closely with the meeting chairperson
- Active listening and effective communication skills
- Note Taking techniques
- Maintaining your concentration (irrespective of subject)
- Writing up the minutes in a clear and concise way
- Practical Minute Taking
Our minute taking courses are regularly delivered as pre-scheduled open courses or they can be delivered as a tailored in-company training programme anywhere in the UK.
“I have been taking the minutes for a number of years now and this training course has made me so much more confident – the course would be very difficult to improve”
“This course simply cannot be improved upon and is excellent as it is!!”
“The course fully met and actually exceeded all of my expectations.”
Close Brothers Military Services
“This is an excellent training programme providing great tips, real insights and lots of really helpful ideas.”
Snowdonia National Park
“I really thoroughly enjoyed this training course and I will be highly recommending to all of my colleagues.”
Abbott Diabetes Care
“The course was great and gave me some excellent ideas. I thoroughly enjoyed the training and would highly recommend to all concerned.”
Getting in Touch
If you would like to discuss your minute taking training needs please call us at any time on 0845 130 5714 to speak with one of our experts.
Alternatively if you would prefer you can email us at email@example.com or fill out our simple contact form below.