Business Writing Skills
This highly focused one day training programme will help delegates to perfect their written communication to ensure that all documents are of the highest possible quality.
Whatever you are writing for; to inform, to impress or persuade this training programme will provide you with all the skills and knowledge you need to make sure that all documents produced stand out for all the right reasons.
This training programme is a popular choice amongst delegates who have attended our minute taking course and wish to brush up on and perfect all of their written communication.
Who is this course for?
Anybody wishing to improve the style, impact and quality of their business writing.
Upon successful completion of this programme delegates will:
- Know their own their existing strengths and have identified any areas they may need to develop
- Have a firm grasp of grammar
- Be able to fully plan their writing
- Know how to add impact to their writing
- Adapt their writing style accordingly to suit different audiences
- Have increased confidence in their writing skills
- Write for the reader’s needs at all times
- Be able to produce writing that engenders the required action
1. Essential Writing Skills
- What is the purpose of writing
- Why do we need to improve our writing skills
- Developing self-confidence
- Benchmarking current writing skills and practices
- What makes effective written communication?
2. The Preparation and Planning of any written communication
- Key questions before you start
- Getting together all the information you need
- The importance of structure
- Writing a first draft
3. Writing Tools
- Words, phrases, clauses, sentences
- Getting the basics right
- What are the options for punctuation
- Varying paragraphs and sentences
4. Discovering your own style and sensitivity to tone
- Choosing the right format to suit your style
- Essental writing guidelines
- Selecting an appropriate style
- Appropriate use of humour
5. Writing for maximum impact
- Seeing things through the reader’s eyes
- Presentation, layout and image
- Making final checks and developing a proof reading style